We understand that the termination of a marriage is a very emotional time. Our goal is to make sure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, we utilize every bit of our knowledge to help protect our clients.
- All divorces require a 60 day waiting period of reconciliation before you can actually be divorced.
- Courts will grant divorce in Texas even if only one of the individuals wants the divorce.
- Almost all divorces are based upon irreconcilable differences. This is where there is no expectation of reconciliation or making the marriage work. This is the “we don’t like each other” basis for a divorce. In other cases adultery is involved. This is a fault based divorce and may entitle a party to a greater portion of the marital estate than would otherwise be allocated.
- Property will be divided by the court. In Texas there is no 50/50 split.
- Custody rights and child support will be determined by the courts. Many times the court will follow these guidelines but it does not include all variables:
- 1 Child of the Marriage20% of Net Resources
- 2 Children of the Marriage25% of Net Resources
- 3 Children of the Marriage30% of Net Resources
- 4 Children of the Marriage35% of Net Resources
- 5 Children of the Marriage40% of Net Resources
- 6 Children of the Marriage45% of Net Resources